What do I need to do if I am moving or I need to close my electric service account with Barton County Electric?
We will need to know a specific date you plan to end your service so we can get a meter reading. Also if available, the new owner or tenant would be helpful. For other questions about moving or closing an account stop by our office or call.
Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm 417-682-5636 / 800-286-5636.
We read your meter from the office in Lamar near or at the end of each calendar month. Payment is due in our office on or before the 15th of the following month. Allow ample time for delivery before the 15th when mailing your payment. Failure of receiving a bill by mail does not exclude you from monthly payment or late penalty. We have a 24 hour drive-up drop box located at our office in Lamar. Any question you may have about your bill should be asked prior to the due date.
1. Our Office in Lamar - Located at 91 West 160 Highway / Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
2. Drive-up Drop Box Available 24/7/365 - located at our office at 91 West 160 Highway
3. On-Line Available 24/7/365 Click Here
4. Mail - Barton County Electric Cooperative / 91 West Highway 160 / Lamar, MO 64759
5. Auto Pay - From your Checking, Savings account or with your Debit/Credit Card
6. Pre-Pay - You can sign up to pay as you go by utilizing our Pre-pay program, it's easy and you can track your daily usage on your computer and/or your smart phone.
7. Phone - Using your Debit or Credit Card Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm 417-682-5636 / 800-286-5636.